VENERABLE UKTARA BEHANY COLLEGE MANMOW (VU Bethany College) is established by the Bethany Charitable Trust (R), on 16th July 2014, the foundation Day of the Bethany Congregation. The trust with VU Bethany College in Arunachal Pradesh started with an invitation from Rt Rev George Pallipparambil, Bishop of Miao Diocese, Arunachal Pradesh, in the year 2012. By God’s divine providence there was a meeting between Rev Bishop and Chau Khouk Manpoong of Manmow village, Namsai. In their common concern for welfare of the people and youth in particular of Namsai they came to an agreement to set up a Degree College. Chau Khouk Manpoong offered the required land with certain conditions and Bishop offered to start the College. Rev Bishop invited Bethany Sisters to take over the mission of starting the College and the Bethany Management accepted the challenge of venturing into higher Education for the benefit of the youth in general and of young ladies in particular.
- The holiness of the members of our Institute created in God’s image and likeness and to share it with the whole humanity who are all God’s children.
- Mission: Excellence in Transformative Education
Formation of youth through education of highest caliber that fosters critical thinking, free inquiry and constructive exchange of Ideas, for a just and inclusive society.
- Goal: Education for FULLNESS OF LIFE for all, especially the marginalized, the rural poor and women through an integrated formation.
- Core Values:
- God Experience
- Compassionate love for all
- Communion, collaboration, team spirit
- Excellence in developing each one’s uniqueness
- Truth, Love, Justice and Peace
- Simplicity of lifestyle and dignity of labour
- Respect for life, nature, cultures, religions and love for the nation